Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's been awhile

Well, somebody who shall remain nameless told Oksana to kick me for not updating my blog in the last few days. So, here I am....

Oksana has been working some really weird hours lately because of her job. Her hours are totally throwing me off schedule. I am used to doing certain things at certain times of the day (such as updating my blog). I seem to be snatching whatever time I can get with her regardless of what other plans/tasks it upsets. I'll really be glad when that project is over and she is back to working normal and a reasonable number of hours.

We went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" this weekend. I never read the book so I enjoyed the movie. I found it very entertaining. I wouldn't say its one of the best movies I've seen, but my expectation was to be entertained and I was. Evidently, the movie is only slightly like the book. The Meryl Streep character in the movie is harsh, but human, where evidently in the book she is just heartless. I bet Meryl had a ton of fun with that role. I think I would. Though, I don't see how anyone could be happy making so many other people miserable.

I am continuing to learn Russian. It is really a hard language or maybe I struggle learning new languages. However, I think Spanish or French would be easier because at least they use the same characters. The sounds may be different, but at least the letters look normal. Russian uses all these weird characters. I'm just glad I'm not dating someone Chinese. I'd hate to have to learn that alphabet!

My parents will be at my sisters from this coming Saturday until August 21. My sister is having her 2nd child on Tuesday so my parents are here to help out. Somehow I doubt they'll do this when we have our child. They don't think we should have children. Oh well, I guess we'll see. They handled Oksana and I being together better than I thought they would so maybe they'll surprise me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home