Monday, August 07, 2006

The Weekend

Had a pretty good weekend this weekend. Of course, I always know the weekend will be good when Oksana wakes up on a Saturday morning and cleans the house! We were going shopping with friends to Katy Mills mall and they were picking us up. Oksana knows that I don't like people to come over when the house is a wreck so she cleaned it up before they got here. The house can be a little disorganized, but piles of dishes in the kitchen and fur-laden floors is embarrassing to me. So, by 1pm on Saturday, all the cleaning chores had been done. Plus, Oksana had done most of the laundry.

So, we went to Katy Mills mall. Katy Mills is a relatively new and very large mall. So, my expectations were that we'd find some interesting stuff there. Wrong. It didn't have any of the usual anchor stores in it. It seemed to be a large conglomeration of small stores. The mall was incredibly crowded (it was tax-free weekend) and overall not worth the drive. However, I really enjoyed going out with the friends that we did.

On Sunday we went and checked out some vintage clothing stores. They are basically thrift stores that richer people sell back their clothing to and that are picky about what they buy back. Evidently, only skinny people are allowed to shop in these higher end thrift stores. They largest size they carry is a size 10. Oh well. So, I got to help Oksana find a really awesome leather skirt and some cute shoes. Given that the shoes were high heeled, it's strange that I thought the shoes were cute. I like my shoes flat and comfortable. After shopping for a few hours we went to the original Ninfa's mexican restaurant in an older part of Houston. I had been wanting to go since we moved back here in Novemer 2004 and had never made it. It was pretty good. Though, I probably wouldn't drive there from where we live for it. There are some really good Mexican food places out here. But I'm glad that we took our little adventure.

Another friend of mine got two chocolate lab puppies this weekend. She's nuts because she already has a 1 year old lab and two sons (one 6 and one 3). The puppies are adorable though. Unfortunately, one of the puppies was having trouble walking last night making my friend worried about its legs. Her husband said that if the dog is crippled, they will return it. He'll have fun explaining that to his sons. So, the puppy is at the vet.

My sister is having her 2nd child tomorrow. The C-Section is scheduled for noon tomorrow so sometime in the afternoon I should be an aunt again. It's so exciting :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home