Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's a Girl!

I'm an aunt again. My sister gave birth to a healthy baby girl this afternoon. Her name is Lydia Hope and she weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces. She came out screaming. Oksana and I will be going up there this evening to see her (and the rest of the family of course). My dad said that she has black hair and has a round face. If I can get a picture of her tonight, I'll post it tomorrow.

I am progressing on the Russian. Progress is slow, but steady. I started Unit 2 on the software I'm using. The first unit had 11 lessons. Today's lesson was all about verbs. I am getting where I can understand the spoken words that I've learned. I can sometimes recognize them by their spelling. However, I really suck at speaking Russian. The sounds just don't seem normal. Oh well. As long as I progress.

A friend of mine's brother is getting a divorce. I know him and like him, so I feel really bad for him. There are too many people with "I told you so" with regards to this marriage so I feel bad for him in that way as well. He met and dated a woman online. They only met a few times in person before getting married. So, while they knew all about each other from the phone and letters, they really didn't know how each other was 24/7. So, the little habits that your significant other does weren't known before marriage. Needless to say, once they got to know each other at that level, neither was happy. But, he's still depressed, even though he's better off.

Not much else to report today. I hope to have a few pictures for tomorrow's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home