Friday, August 11, 2006

TGIF

Woo hoo, it's Friday. I didn't work yesterday because I kept my nephew for the day. His mom, dad, and new baby sister are still at the hospital. So, I kept him so that my parents would have a break and could go up to the hospital as well. He is so much fun (almost 2.5 years old), but I don't know where he gets his energy. I slept very well last night.

Oksana had a friend over last night for drinking while I was at my sisters. When I got home I had to drive him back to his car in downtown. I'd rather do this than having him drive under the influence. Plus, it allowed for Oksana to get an evening alone to talk to him. He's going through some things and it seems to be better to get people to talk when they've had a bit of alcohol.

The dinner Wednesday night was great. The restaurant, Boccado's, turned out to have very good food and a great ambiance. We had a quiet table in the corner and were able to talk for 2.5 hours. She and her partner had a child 10 years ago. The child is happy and well-adjusted. Overall, she made us feel like it is totally doable for Oksana and I to have a child together and that alot of the horror stories we read on the internet were the exceptions and not the rule. It was also nice that we could have this conversation (including details of artificial insemination) over dinner and it not be out of place. The restaurant had a mixed hetero-homo crowd, but because of its openness you didn't have to worry about some white protestant family next to you getting all uptight and huffy about the 'improper' conversation.

We have friends coming over tonight for dinner and games. Oksana is cooking which is almost a cause of celebration :-) She cooks so rarely, but she does have one or two dishes that she does very well. Tonight is one of my favorites. Yummy. However, the house is not really ready for company so it needs to be vacuumed etc before they get here. So, I need to get back to work so that I can finish early today and do some chores....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home