Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Weekend

Friday night we had friends over for a casual dinner and a game. It was so much fun. Oksana made Swedish meatballs. I got some french bread and warmed it up and our friends brought over crackers/cheese and wine. After dinner we played a game called "The Settlers of Catan". It is such a fun game. However, it's from an independent game maker so its not found in regular retail stores. Thats too bad because it is very fun.

Yesterday Oksana was having an ADD day so I took her to Traders Village for some retail therapy. Traders Village is basically like the open air markets in Mexico. Oksana found herself some jewelry so she's all happy with the place. We'll probably go back in the Fall when it's cooler. It was really random on what stuff was there, maybe in the Fall there will be more traders there and more stuff.

My grandparents wrote to each other during World War II. After they died, their siblings did not want to split the letters up so my mom is in the process of scanning them into the computer. After she completes this task, I will merge the scans into an Adobe document. My mom has scanned up to 2 weeks before my grandparents had gotten married, about 600 letters. I am working with this first batch of letters now. The scans themselves are about 18 GB. I am going scan by scan and making the letters lighter (they had yellowed with age) so that if any one wants to print a letter, the printer won't use all that tonor reproducing yellow. In about an hour and a half last night I fixed 30 letters. So, this is going to take some time!

My parents are supposed to drive from my sister's today to visit. However, my nephew woke up with a cold yesterday so I don't know yet whether they are coming or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home