Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Okay, okay, I'll post

Yes, I know it has been a *really* long time since I last posted. So, what's happened in the last few months....

My dissertation proposal was accepted by my committee and the University so now I'm in the study phase where I do the actual study proposed. Of course, the CEO's of the two organizations don't see this as high of priority as I do so I'm waiting for them to allow it to go out. Waiting is hard because I want it done!

We had Oksana's family here for Thanksgiving. Both her parents and her sister was here. It was really tiring, but a whole lot of fun. It's nice to have guests that you don't have to worry about entertaining all the time and can pretty much fend for themselves. I wish they lived a bit closer so we could see them more often.

On the baby front, it's almost time. There have been an extreme amount of hurdles and costs involved to get here but we are almost to conception. She goes into the doctor this weekend for them to tell her when they will inseminate. We got 10 vials from the donor so that should last us at least 5 months (and hopefully we don't need that long). I am still hoping for twins but the odds are just not in my favor. Even with the drugs Oksana is taking to make her more fertile, the percentage only goes up to like 7%.

The holidays are here. I love Christmas time. I just wish it seemed more like Christmas. We had such wonderful Christmas's as kids and I loved it. It just doesn't seem like people are in the holiday spirit anymore. Maybe the adults never were and it was just us kids. I hope my kids have the same feeling of Christmas magic that I once did.

Well, this is good for a first post in awhile. I will really try to be more regular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home