Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ready for vacation!

It's been a very busy week. You would have thought with last weekend being a long holiday weekend I would have gotten completely rested and started this week refreshed. But, alas, I was more tired after the weekend than before. Saturday was pretty lazy and was a good start to the weekend. Sunday we went to my sister's for the day to see my brother and sister-in-law who had come into town as well as play with the niece and nephew. It was a really fun day, but tiring. Monday we went to a friends house for a barbecue. There was 6 of us total and it was really fun, but again not relaxing. After leaving the friends house, the plan was to go home and goof off (me) and meet a friend for coffee (Oksana). That was great until 7:45 when Oksana called because she blew out a tire. So, I went to meet her and stay with her until roadside assistance could get to her. She called a guy friend to help us attempt to change the tire by ourselves and we did attempt it. But, something was keeping the tire from coming off so we could put on the donut. We tried everything we could think of with what tools we had, but no budging. So we had to wait the 90 minutes it took roadside assistance to get there. When he got there he took out a big metal pipe and knocked the tire off. Evidently brake dust can get coated into the tire and superglue it. Who knew.

I got the comments back from my committee and I've been working on updating the dissertation proposal accordingly. I am trying to get this done before leaving on vacation Saturday morning. It would be nice to have this off my plate while I'm away. At least I won't feel the need to work on school while I'm away if I get this completed. I am still waiting on one of the organizations to send me the official permission letter on company letterhead that has to accompany my proposal.

Last night Oksana made tres leches for a gathering we are going to tonight. I am really wanting to dive into it! It looks fabulous. Yummy!

Oh well, I should get back to work (or don't tell my boss - back to my dissertation) :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home