Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's been crazy

Well, it's been crazy since I last posted. The donor came into town on Sunday afternoon so that he could go to the doctor early Monday morning. The doctor ran all sorts of tests on him to make sure he's healthy and a viable donor. However, unlike we had been told, he was not allowed to make the initial deposit. So, he'll have to visit a clinic close to where he lives.

We went to the lawyer yesterday. We both really liked her. She's expensive but she really knew her stuff and is to the point. Oksana and I feel much better about our legal options after talking to her. So, the first agreement, the donor agreement, will be drafted in the next week for us to review. Once we are happy with that agreement it will go to the donor to sign. The good thing about this agreement is that its very effective at protecting us from him wanting paternal rights later and us from trying to get child support. This document is upheld in the courts and is pretty airtight. This is in contrast to all the documents that we'll file to try to get me parental rights. Those will be up to the feelings of the individual judge. Luckily, the lawyer knows which counties in Texas we can file in to maximize my chances of getting the second-parent adoption granted.

I am leaving for Oklahoma tomorrow to visit my grandparents. There's been very little progress with my grandfather. He will not go home and will probably have to go to a nursing home. He is partially paralyzed and unable to eat without a feeding tube or communicate. My grandma doesn't think he recognizes anyone. We don't know what we are going to do with her once he leaves the hospital. She is too healthy to go into a nursing home and can't afford an assisted living center.

I really like the new Dixie Chicks song "I'm not ready to make nice". I love that they refuse to apologize for giving their opinion. That is one of their constitutional rights. I am bothered that giving their opinion caused radio stations to refuse to play them. Plus, it is really disturbing that they received death threats because of stating their opinion. With all of the terrorism and much greater threats some wacko American is threatening three women who had a negative opinion about the president. I have a negative opinion about the president. Sadly, the death threat came from Texas. It is a screwed up world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home