Monday, August 28, 2006

Back from Oklahoma

I'm back from Oklahoma now. I don't know much more about my grandfather's condition than when I went there. But, I'm really, really glad I went. We really can't tell if he knows whats going on around him or not. He definitely reacts to some people when they come in. He can also wave someone over and hold their hand. He just can't communicate beyond that. We also don't know if he really knows the person or just knows that he somehow knows the person (if that makes sense). The largest reaction thus far was with Oksana. He was really happy to see her. She spent alot of her time in the hospital room sitting by his bed, holding his hand, and talking softly to him. I think she was soothing to him because as soon as we left yesterday he started causing problems again (like trying to pull out his feeding tube). I just love that my grandparents just love her so.

I had a good talk with my mom this weekend. This is a big deal because my family doesn't talk. They verbalize but it's always chit chat and on safe subjects. Among other things we discussed Oksana and I having children. She admitted she doesn't know if she'll ever accept the children. However, my brother and I both feel that once the child is here, she will accept him/her. My parents still really struggle with this all, but they are very nice to Oksana.

We are thinking of getting married in Canada in October. Even though I'm not in a traditional relationship, I still want to be married before having kids. I know this does not make much sense at all. But, trying to figure out where in Canada and details on how to do it have not been worked out, however, October is looking like the likely time frame. I love the month of September and had thought I'd get married in it, but for a myriad of reasons, thats very unlikely. October is the current guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home