Friday, August 18, 2006

Thunderstorm needed

I am so ready for fall or at least one good thunderstorm that will knock the temperatures down for awhile. It has been outrageously hot this past week. This would not be a problem if the air conditioning worked properly in our house, but it doesn't. We have a combination of a old/underpowered A/C unit and really crappy windows. So, if the temperature gets above 90 degrees the AC can't keep up. This week it has been 84 degrees in the house. My office (in the house) is 3 degrees warmer, so it has been 87 degrees in here. Since I work from home, it's been very difficult to work in the afternoons. I am just not as productive when I'm hot.

My grandfather is not doing too well. He is completely unable to communicate and he's paralyzed on the right side. It is unlikely that he'll ever be allowed to go home again. This really upsets me. I really can't imagine going to Oklahoma and him not being at his house for me to go visit. I'll probably go up there towards the end of next week.

The real estate agent that I had in Ann Arbor emailed me suggesting that I find another realtor. He's had the house for 2 years and been unable to sell it. I've been told by a friend for about a year now to fire him, but I didn't ever find the time to find another agent. Plus, he's been positive he could sell it. Well, he finally reached the point that he doesn't think he can sell it. So, I have to figure out if I want to sell it or rent it out. One of the clients of the startup company I work for is a realtor. Not only is she a realtor, she's a top 10 Re/Max realtor. So, I told her my sob story and she's found out the best Re/Max agent for the Ann Arbor area and has called her and interviewed her to see if she was any good. Well, this agent is taking a few days to run some analysis on the house. Then she'll let me know if the house is really unsellable in the Michigan housing market or if she'll take it on. So, I wait. If she doesn't think it can sell, I need to find a property manager willing to rent it out.

Well, I must go do a rain dance...oh, and get back to work :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home