Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The train has left the station

It is feeling like the whole baby thing has taken on a life of its own. We met with the fertility doctor on Monday. He had Oksana come back yesterday to run all the tests to make sure she's okay. She emailed the known donor that the doctor would like to examine him. So, he's now coming this weekend and going to the doctor on Monday. The full battery of tests will be run on him as well as he'll be making a "deposit". In addition, on Monday we are going to see the lawyer. Now that the donor will be with us, that might also go faster. Aye yie yie.

My grandfather, who is 90 years old, had a stroke yesterday. It has affected his ability to swallow and therefore to eat. So, now we wait for the doctors to determine whether this is permanent or if he can be rehabilitated. It is all very scary. I really, really want him to be okay. I just lost my other grandfather 6 months ago. I want this set of grandparents to be here when I have a child. This is the set that would be okay with Oksana and I and would love us having a child. I have so few family members that feel that way. I can't imagine life without this set of grandparents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home